Saturday, March 26, 2011
This is one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite chef's: the awesome Jamie Oliver. I have tweaked the recipe a bit and it is one of my favorites. This chicken turns out so yummy every time.
Here is how:
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Take a baking dish out and put in 4 cups of frozen corn.
3. Next take a can of cannellini beans and rinse them well. Squish us half the beans and leave half of them whole and mix in with the corn.
4. Next take 4 to 6 chicken breasts and find the part on the breast that has a little strip/ flap of meat on the one side. Take that flap and fold it back using a knife and make a cut so that you form a pocket in the chicken breast.
5. Once you have done this to all of the chicken breasts..stuff them with half a banana each (yes banana..it is so good)!
6. Place the folded up chicken breast in your dish on top of the corn mixture and season them well with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
7. Add 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/4 cup of heavy cream to the dish and chop up 4 Tbs. of butter and scatter them around the tray.
8. Cover the chicken breast with bacon strips and bake in your oven for about 45 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
9. Serve the dish with some chopped up mint on top and pair with a chopped salad for an awesome dinner.
As Jamie says "this is southern American/ Sunshine cooking"....this dish makes dinner awesome every time.
Here is to hoping you have more sunshine every day! xo