Monday, March 14, 2011
Gluten Free Parmesan Baked Tilapia
I LOVE a good fish dinner (anyone who knows me well is saying...yea). I guess it is the outdoors girl in me but I love cooking fish. Tilapia is affordable and this recipe makes it absolutely delicious. I paired the fish with a curried brown rice couscous (Lundberg makes great brown rice couscous) and some glazed carrots topped with lemon zest.
Here is the recipe for the fish:
1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place a pound of Tilapia in a buttered baking dish.
3. Brush the tops of the fish with lemon juice.
4. Bake the fish in the preheated oven for 10 to 20 minutes or until the fish just starts to flake.
5. During the time the fish is baking, combine 1/2 cup of grated parmesan, 2 Tbs.of softened butter, 3 Tbs. of light mayonnaise, 3 Tbs. of finely chopped green onions, 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of paprika, 1/4 tsp of celery salt, 1/4 tsp of onion powder, 1/4 tsp of dried basil, a pop of black pepper and a dash of Sriracha sauce (optional).
6. When the fish is ready, spread the top with the cheese mixture and bake until golden brown (about 5 more minutes).
Note: your baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish so watch the fish closely so you do not over bake it. You can also broil it for a couple minutes at the and to make the fish nice and golden.
This fish is so good and easy you will think you just went to a nice restaurant. This is one of my favorites! Here is to fishing season coming soon! xo