Thursday, March 17, 2011
Grilled Pork Chops with a Memphis Dry Rub and Sassy BBQ Sauce
I LOVE grilling..seriously it is one of my favorite activities in the world. I also love a great pork chop. This recipe gives a plain old grilled pork chop great flavor and the sassy BBQ sauce is just perfect with the chops.
I usually pair these with grilled potatoes (will post the recipe in a later post) and some grilled veggies or a side salad. Try these..they are really good.
Here is how:
1. To make the bbq sauce: In a small saucepan whisk: 1/2 cup of ketchup, 2 Tbs. molasses, 1 Tbs. white vinegar, 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard, 1 Tbs. light brown sugar, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp hot sauce, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. pepper.
2. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. To make the rub: In a small bowl combine: 1 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard, 1 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.
4. Lightly brush 6 bone-in pork chops with canola oil and season with the rub, pressing the spices into the meat.
5. Grill the chops over direct medium heat on your grill until barely pink in the center of the meat (about 8-10 minutes), turning only once to preserve the juices in the meat.
6. Serve the chops with the sassy bbq sauce on the side.
Wishing you a happy Spring season full of LOTS of grilling! xo