Monday, March 28, 2011
Pork and Bacon Burgers
It is a gorgeous early Spring day and grilling season is underway. I found some ground pork in the freezer and decided to whip up some pork and bacon stuffed burgers..they turned out yummy!
Here is how:
1. In a large skillet (I threw my cast iron skillet right on the grill) cook 4 strips of bacon until almost crisp.
2. Next throw in a medium chopped onion and a cup of sliced mushrooms and saute in the bacon drippings until they are slightly browned...mmm.
3. Crumble up the bacon with a spatula and take the pan off the heat.
4. Next combine a pound of ground pork, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (yeah), 1/2 tsp. of ground pepper and 1/4 tsp of garlic powder..form into 8 patties.
5. Divide the bacon mixture on top of 4 of the patties and then top those patties with the other 4 patties and press the edges to seal tightly.
6. Then just grill them over medium-high direct heat until well done...flipping only once.
Note: I served mine on a Canyon Bakehouse gluten free bun (AMAZING) with some oven baked fries.
Here is to breaking out your grill and enjoying the outdoors! xo