Wednesday, March 23, 2011
One of my favorite side dishes is scalloped potatoes. From scratch they are so creamy and good. Here is a great recipe for a gluten free version.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter the bottom of a casserole dish (make sure you use fresh butter that is not contaminated with toast crumbs).
3. Peel and slice 8 medium potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold)..I used a slicer to speed up the process a bit.
4. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes in the casserole dish and top with 1Tbs. of butter (diced up), and a pinch of salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
5. Do 2 more layers just like the first.
6. Top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and some paprika for color (optional).
7. Next whisk together 6 Tbs. of gluten free flour (again I use Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour) with 4 cups of milk.
8. Pour the milk and flour mixture over the potatoes until the potatoes are just covered.
9. Bake for 1 hour. Allow the potatoes to sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
These turn out so tender and creamy.. hope you enjoy! xo