Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Here is how:
1. Heat up a skillet and coat it with 2 Tbs. of vegetable oil.
2. In the skillet, saute 1/2 of a sliced sweet onion (vidalia or red) and 1/2 of a sliced bell pepper for 2 minutes until the vegetables are "al dente" (firm with still a little crisp to them). Remove the veggies from the pa and set them aside.
3. Slice one boneless, skinless chicken breast and saute it in the same pan for 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and add it to the veggies.
4. Heat up 4 small corn tortillas (I like Trader Joes) in the same skillet for about 20 seconds on each side to warm and toast the tortillas. Remove them and place them on a plate.
5. Season the vegetables and chicken with some salt and pepper (I used a chipotle pepper). You can also add some crushed red chili flakes if you like some heat. Divide the mixture among the tortillas.
6. Top each taco with some fresh avocado, chopped cilantro, shredded Mexican cheese, sour cream, salsa and hot sauce if you want them spicy (Sriracha sauce is my favorite).
Note: This recipe is also great with shrimp as well.
Here is to healthy, easy food..packed with flavor! xo