Friday, April 15, 2011
Beef "Bull Bites" with Bearnaise Sauce
Here is how:
For the Bearnaise sauce:
1. Combine 2 Tbs. of white wine vinegar, 2 Tbs. of dry white wine, 1 Tbs. chopped shallots, 1 tsp. of dried tarragon in a small saucepan.
2. Place over high heat and boil until it is reduced by half (about 1 minute). Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
3. Melt 1 stick of butter (not margarine) in a different small saucepan.
4. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and bring it almost to a boil. Lower the heat to keep the water at a simmer and not a boil.
5. Whisk 3 eggs yolks and the shallot mixture in the top of the double boiler and place the top of the double boiler over the bottom part.
6. Slowly whisk in the melted butter in a steady stream and continually whisk until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The Bull Bites:
1. Heat 2 Tbs. of oil in a skillet and get the pan nice and hot (over high heat).
2. Chop up 1 lb. of steak tenderloin into bit size pieces and put the in the skillet.
3. Saute the steak over high heat until it is brown on the outside and pink on the inside (mid-rare).
4. Season the beef with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard seeds and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Here is to flavor! xo