Sunday, April 10, 2011
Here is how:
1. Saute in a large skillet: 1 pound of beef sliced up (I used beef sirloin tips) with 1/2 cup of chopped onion (I simply used a regular yellow onion here) in 4 Tbs. of butter (no margarine..use the real stuff). Saute until the meat is browned.
*Cooking tip: If you heat your pan up nice and hot before adding food...even in a regular skillet your food will not stick. Heat up the pan well, add the butter and then the food.
2. Stir in 2 Tbs. of all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill), 1 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper. Using a wire whisk combine this into the meat mixture well..using the whisk to get rid of lumps in the flour.
3. Add 1 lb. of fresh sliced mushrooms to the pan (I used baby bellas) and gently combine them with the rest of the food. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
4, Add 1 package of Pacific Naturals Organic cream of mushroom condensed soup (works just like regular condensed soup) and simmer uncovered for another 5 minutes.
Note: Gluten free flour can thicken more quickly than regular flour so watch the dish add a couple Tbs. of milk and whisk in to keep the consistency to a thick gravy.
5. Add in 1 cup of sour cream and heat through. Garnish with fresh parsley
6. Serve over gluten free noodles (I used Tinkyada brown rice rotini)..heat a pan of salted water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta according to the directions to an al dente consistency (cooked through but firm).
7. In the photo I served this alongside some fresh green beans and a side salad of: baby greens, sliced apple, sliced pear, chopped organic celery (organic celery makes a huge difference in taste), chopped walnuts all topped with a blush wine vinaigrette (Brianna's Naturals makes a great gluten free one).
Note: I will be working on posting more recipes that are also casein free for those that cannot have either allergen.
Here is to classic meals around the Sunday table! xo