Monday, April 11, 2011
Cedar Planked Grilled Salmon with Honey- Lime Dressing
Here is how:
1. Soak your cedar plank for about 20-30 minutes in water.
2. To make the dressing: in a blender combine until smooth:
-2 Tbs. of fresh lime juice
-2 Tbs. rice vinegar
-2 Tbs. dijon mustard
-2 Tbs. honey
-2 Tbs. chopped chives
-1 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
-pinch of cayenne pepper
-1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3. Remove the cedar plank from the water and brush it with olive oil.
4. Season a pound of salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place on the cedar plank.
5. Brush the salmon fillets with half of the dressing.
6. Place the cedar plank (with the salmon on it) on the grill over direct high heat until the outside oedges of the plank start to char (with the lid closed on the grill.
Note: Make sure the plank does not flame.
7. After the edges on the plank start to char either lower the heat to low (if using a gas grill) or move to indirect heat (if using coals) and grill for about 20 minutes until the salmon is opaque and slightly pink in the middle. The edges of the fish should be slightly brown.
8. Remove the plank from the grill and serve the salmon on the plank warm with the rest of the dressing. Fantastique!
Here is to creative grilling! xo