Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Chicken Goujons with Noodles
Here is how:
1. Cook a package of rice noodles according to the directions (I used Taste of Thailand rice noodles). Rice noodles are one of my favorite gluten free options because they are so quick and easy.
2. While the noodles are cooking, get a skillet and heat it up well over high heat. Add 2 Tbs. of vegetable oil.
3. To the skillet add:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 Tbs. of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. of dried chili flakes (you can adjust the amount of these to get the degree of heat that you want).
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 tsp. of Chinese 5 spice powder (make sure it is a blend that has no gluten bindings).
4. Once the chicken is browned add:
- 5 sliced green onions
- 1 Tbs. of gluten free tamari (I use San J brand)
- 1 Tbs. of honey
5. Drain the noodles and add them to the chicken.
6. Serve topped with fresh chopped cilantro and a lemon wedge.
Here is to flavor fusions and yummy meals! xo