Thursday, April 7, 2011
Here is how:
1. Take a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and place them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound the breasts until they are a 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Combine 2 Tbs. of gluten free all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. of dried basil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Put the breasts in the bag and shake to coat.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the breasts in 2 Tbs. of butter for 4-5 minutes on each side ...remove from heat and keep warm.
4. In the same skillet, saute 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms (I used baby bellas), with 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 cup Marsala wine, 1 tsp. of lemon juice. Stir to remove the brown bits from the pan, bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by a third. Meanwhile cook 1 package of gluten free (I like brown rice) spaghetti according to the directions.
5. Place the chicken breasts over the spaghetti and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan.
6. Serve with a lovely side salad and some great gluten free garlic bread (will post a recipe later) and a great glass of wine (Pinot Noir is my choice).
To some romance and great food! xo