Sunday, April 24, 2011
Chicken Wings with Curry-Lime Butter
Here is how:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Rinse a family package (large) of chicken wings under cold water and pat dry.
3. Put the wings in a large bowl and drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil. Season them as well with salt and pepper (I used a coarse ground pepper here). Toss the wings well to coat them.
4. Spread the wings out on a baking sheet and bake them for 30 minutes (or until the skin gets crispy and the meat is tender on the inside).
5. While they are baking, in a blender mix: 1 stick of butter (softened), 2 tsp. of red curry paste (I used Taste of Thai), zest and juice of 1 lime, 1 Tbs. of honey, 1 tsp. of gluten free tamari sauce (I used San J) and salt/ pepper to taste. Blend to mix.
6. Scrape the butter into a large bowl. When the wings are done...take them right out the oven and toss them in the butter.
7. Serve them on a platter topped with chopped fresh cilantro and sliced grape tomatoes.
Here is to fun party food! xo