Friday, April 29, 2011
Cilantro Pesto Chicken Fingers
Here is how:
1. To make the pesto: in a food processor, finely chop:
- 2 Tbs. of chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves.
2. Scape down the sides of the food processor and add:
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
3. Blend this all in the food processor until it is a smooth puree.
4. Place 2 pound of boneless, skinless chicken tenders in a large Ziploc bag with the pesto. Seal the bag and toss around the chicken to coat it. Place the chicken in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
5. Remove the chicken from the bag and thread it onto skewers.
6. Grill over direct high heat until the meat is firm and the juices run clear..about 6-8 minutes (turning over the skewers once).
Here is to healthy chicken with flavor! xo