Sunday, April 17, 2011

Croque Monsieur

I have a lot of french influence in my cooking as it was the original style of cooking that I learned. This is a quick and easy sandwich that reminds me of french bistros and is prefect for a brunch dish.

Here is how:
1. For each sandwich use 2 slices of white gluten free bread (I used Kinnikinnick brand).

2. Make a sandwich with 2 slices of swiss or gruyere cheese and a few slices of ham (Hormel Naturals makes good deli meat or Boarshead is all gluten free...just make sure the deli person cleans the slicer first to prevent cross contamination).

3. Dip the sandwich into a mixture of 2 beaten eggs and 1 Tbs. of milk.

4. Grill the sandwich in a skillet in melted butter until golden and toasted on each side.
Note: I served mine alongside some mango chutney

Here is to easy, elegant brunch food! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment