Monday, April 4, 2011
Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is a classic dish served for many occasions and one of my all-time favorite side dishes. This is my gluten free version.
Here is how:
1. Take 4 cups of fresh uncooked green beans cut in half and 1 cup of mushroom sliced thinly and saute them in a skillet with 1 Tbs. of butter over high heat until they are golden and tender (about 6 minutes).
2. Mix 1 container of "Pacific Natural Foods gluten free cream of mushroom condensed soup", 1/2 cup of milk and 1 Tbs. of gluten free tamari sauce (I use San J).
3. Combine the green beans/ mushrooms and soup mixture in a casserole dish.
4. Saute 1/2 of a medium onion sliced thinly in 1 Tbs. of butter over high heat in a skillet until the onion is translucent.
5. Next, in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat melt 1 Tbs. of butter and add 3/4 cup of gluten free bread crumbs (I used Glutino).
6. Top the green beans with the onion and next the bread crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until the green beans are cooked.
Here is to classic dishes redone! xo