Thursday, April 14, 2011
Lemon Curry Chicken with Mango, Mint and Green Beans
Here is how:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse and pat dry an 8 piece cut up chicken.
3. In a large bowl combine:
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs. of curry powder
- The grated zest (skin) and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs. of sesame oil
- a pinch of salt and fine black pepper
4. Add the chicken to the bowl and toss gently to coat the chicken in the yogurt marinade.
5. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and roast...using the remaining marinade to baste it twice (with a brush) while it cooks...for about 45 minutes until the chicken is tender on the outside and crisp on the inside.
6. While the chicken is cooking make the ginger rice:
- Take 1 cup of jasmine or basmati rice and add 2 cups of water and 1 Tbs. of finely grated ginger in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the rice to a boil and then turn it down to low..cover it and cook the rice for about 12 minutes (without lifting the lid).
7. Place the rice on a platter and top with the chicken. Next place 1/2 pound of trimmed fresh green beans, 1/2 small chopped red onion, 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint leaves and 1 mango peeled and sliced. Throw a little coarse black pepper, some coarse sea salt and a dash of extra virgin olive oil on top for additional flavor. This dish pairs fantastically with an oak barreled Chardonnay.
Here is to fresh flavors and lots of taste! xo