Sunday, April 17, 2011
Meatloaf with Pickle Stuffing
Here is how:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Buy 2 pounds of a meatloaf meat mix (beef, pork and veal) and mix it, in a large bowl, with 1/2 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs (I used Glutino), 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion, 2 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. ground pepper and 1 tall can (1 2/3 cup) of evaporated milk. Mix this all together gently but thoroughly.
3. Pack 1/2 of the meat mixture into a loaf pan.
4. For the pickle stuffing mix: 1 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish (I minced up some of my bread and butter pickles for awesome flavor), 2 tsp. dijon mustard, 1 cup of the gluten free breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Blend this all together in a bowl.
5. Spread the pickle stuffing evenly and firmly onto the meat layer in the loaf pan.
6. Pack the remaining half of the meat mixture over the pickle layer and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Here is to classic meals redone gluten free! xo