Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Orange Tarragon Chicken Packets
It's so easy, quick and fast to clean up when you grill dinner. I love foil packets and chicken packets are naturally low-fat and healthy. Here is a delicious variation on the ordinary chicken packet. The recipe makes enough for 2 packets.
1. 8 green onions sliced
2. 1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
3. 2 Tbs. of butter cut into small chunks
4. 1 Tbs. of dried or fresh tarragon
5. 1 medium yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
6. 1/2 medium sweet onion (like vidalia) cut into chunks
7. Pinch of black coarse pepper
8. Pinch of sea salt (I like pink Himalayan salt for the mineral properties).
9. 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts cut up
The how to:
1. Place 1/2 the ingredients on approximately a 12 x18 inch sheet of foil. Flatten the pile of ingredients slightly so that they cook more evenly.
2. Bring the long sides up and make a triple or quadruple fold over the ingredients to seal...rolling the ends in to make sure each end has at least 2 folds.
Note: leave some room in the packet
3. Place the packet seam-side down on grate over direct medium-high heat. Grill for about 12 minutes..turning them packets over halfway through.
Note: Be careful when opening to allow the steam to escape.
Here is to easy and elegant grilling! xo