Saturday, April 23, 2011
"PF Changs" Lettuce Wraps
Here is how:
1. Make the PF Chang dipping sauce with:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbs. gluten free tamari (I use San J brand)
Note: PF changs has gluten free soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. mustard (I used a sweet and spice mustard from Trader Joes)
- 1 -2 teaspoon red chile paste
Mix these ingredients all together well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Heat up a skillet until hot with 2 Tbs. of oil (I used wok oil for extra flavor).
3. Saute a pound of ground beef or chicken for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
4. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Keep the oil in the pan and keep it hot.
5. Mince 1 cup of minced water chestnuts and 1/2 cup of minced mushrooms.
6. Make the stir-fry sauce with:
- 2 Tbs. of gluten free tamari
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
7. Add the meat, 2 cloves of minced garlic, the water chestnuts and the mushrooms to the pan.
8. Add the stir-fry sauce and saute it for 2 minutes.
9. Serve the mixture in lettuce cups (Iceberg or Bibb lettuce) along with the dipping sauce (you top the lettuce wraps with some of the sauce too).
Here is to restaurant favorites at home! xo