Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Here is how:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine:
- 1 can of salmon (the Red Sockeye salmon is best)
- 1 1/2 cup of broccoli that has been steamed and minced up (I used a food processor).
- 4 medium potatoes that have been peeled, boiled until tender (for about 12 minutes) and mashed up.
Note: You can also use the pre-made "Simply Potatoes" mashed potatoes to save time..they are gluten free.
- 2 Tbs. minced parsley
- 1 Tbs. of all purpose gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- a pinch of ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk
3. Mix this all together well. If the mixture is a little dry add some milk..if the mixture is too wet, add a little more flour.
4. Divide the mixture into 12 portions and shape each portion into a cake.
5. In a medium bowl beat 2 large eggs. In another medum bowl, put 4 Tbs. of the same gluten free flour. Finally, in a third bowl put 2 1/2 cups of gluten free bread crumbs (I used Glutino).
6. Roll each cake in the flour, then the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs to coat.
7. Take a baking sheet (that has a rim) and drizzle it with 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil. Heat up the sheet with the oil in the oven for 5 minutes.
8. Add the fishcakes and bake them for 10 minutes. Then, gently turn the cakes over with a spatula and bake for 10 more minutes.
Here is healthy food kids will eat! xo