Saturday, April 16, 2011
Here is how:
1. Heat up 1 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add 12 slices of thick cut bacon or pancetta (chopped up bite size) and cook until cooked but not yet crisp.
3. Add 1 pound of sea scallops and 1 Tbs. of dried, rubbed sage. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook the scallops (turning very gently once or twice) for 2-3 minutes until the scallops are browned.
4. Remove the bacon and scallops and put on a serving platter.
5. While the scallops are cooking...peel, core and slice 2 apples (I used Figi). After you remove the bacon and scallops add the apples to the pan and saute them until they are wilted and caramelized (for about 4-5 minutes). Take a 1/2 a lemon and season the apples with the juice. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the apples over the scallops and bacon sprinkle a touch more of the dried sage on top.
1. Peal and quarter 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes.
2. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover them with water. Add a tsp. of salt to the water and bring the water to a boil.
3.Reduce the heat to a medium-low and simmer the potatoes for about 20 minutes until they are tender.
4. Drain the potatoes and pass them through a rice mixer into a large bowl.
5. Add 1/2 cup of half and half, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 4 Tbs. of butter, a drizzle of olive oil. Season them to taste with salt and pepper and mix them well.
Here is to dinners to remember! xo