I must admit...I have a huge weakness for desserts with cream cheese frosting..this is a twist on a recipe from the amazing "Gluten Free Goddess"..the cake turns out so moist that you really cannot tell the difference from regular cake..the ultimate goal.
Here is how:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. and line a 10 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Beat 3 large eggs in a large mixing bowl until they are light and frothy. Next add 2 cups of brown sugar (not packed) and beat until smooth. Next add 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin, 2 tsp. of vanilla (make sure it is gluten free); beat to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups of Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix, 1 Tsp. of ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. of allspice and 1/4 tsp of salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, slowly and beat to combine..for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake is firm and a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Cool the cake on a wire rack while you make the frosting.
The cream cheese frosting (oh yeah):
1. Beat 8 oz. of softened cream cheese and 4 Tbs. of softened butter until fluffy. Add 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 1/2 Tbs. of vanilla (again make sure it is gluten free). Add 3 cups of powdered sugar...1 cup at a time (use more if needed to get the consistency you want) and beat until smooth.