Monday, April 18, 2011
Taco Potato Skins
Here is how:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash 6 large russet potatoes and prick the skins with a fork several times. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour until tender.
3. Take the potatoes out of the oven and cool them down until you can handle them. Then cut the potatoes length and then quarter wise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato pulp left in the shell (save the pulp for mashed potatoes).
4. Combine 4 tbs. of melted butter and 2 Tbs. of gluten free taco seasoning (I get mine from Trader Joes) and brush the mixture over both side of the potato skins.
5. Place the skins on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Next sprinkle the skins with 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese, 6 strips of bacon (I like Hormel black label) that have been cooked and crumbles, and 4 green onions that are chopped.
7. Bake the skins for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Top with some fresh chopped cilantro, season with salt and pepper (I used a chipotle pepper blend) and serve with sour cream.
Here is to yummy party food! xo