Monday, April 25, 2011
Tandoori Chicken Kabobs
Here is how:
1. To make the marinade/ sauce: combine the following ingredients until smooth.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt for a thicker and creamier texture).
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. paprika
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt (I used a fresh ground pink Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground pepper
2. Cut 2 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts into chunks and coat them with the marinade.
3. Make kabobs on wooden skewers by alternating:
- red onion chunks
- green bell pepper chunks
- cherry tomatoes
- the chicken chunks
4. Lightly spray the kabobs with cooking spray.
5. Grill the skewers of direct medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked through (turning a couple times to cook the various sides) for about 8-10 minutes.
Here is to healthy, easy, flavorful weeknight options...and grilling weather! xo