Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Argentine Beef Tenderloin Sandwich
Here is how:
1. Grill 2 red bell peppers (sliced) over direct medium heat until the skins are starting to char and blister (about 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally).
2. Next, in a bowl, mix the peppers with 2 cloves of minced garlic.
3. Lightly spray 2 medium yellow onions (sliced) with oil. Grill the onion over direct medium heat until marked (about 15 minutes, turning occasionally).
4. Add the onion slices to the pepper and garlic.
5. Brush 1 pound of beef tenderloin with some extra virgin olive oil and rub the meat with some salt and pepper to season it well.
6. Sear the beef over direct medium-high heat until well marked (about 15 minutes). Turn the meat a quarter turn every 3-4 minutes.
7. Next, move the beef to indirect medium heat and grill until you get the "doneness" you desire (15-20 minutes).
8. Remove the tenderloin from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
9. Slice the beef thinly.
10. Grill a gluten free hot dog roll (I used Glutino) over direct medium heat until lightly toasted (about 1 minute).
11. Assemble the sandwiches with the beef, peppers, onions, sliced hard boiled eggs, lettuce and mayonnaise.
Note: I also added a little fresh horseradish for some kick.
Here is to adventures in grilling! xo