Monday, May 16, 2011
Chicken- Bacon Foil Packets
Here is how:
1. Cut 1 large, boneless chicken breast into chunks approximately 1 1/2 inches.
2. Combine the chicken in a bowl with:
- 2 medium russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 4 strips of bacon sliced into approximately 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium vidalia onion diced
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper diced
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh chives chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3. Place the ingredients on the center of the shiny side of 2 pieces of tin foil. You want to the tin foil to be the size of a large square.
4. Flatten the pile of ingredients slightly so that the food cooks more evenly.
5. Bring up the sides of the foil and make a triple fold to seal the packet. Roll the other ends of the foil into and make sure each end has at least 2 folds. Also, leave a bit of room in the packet when you fold it to allow some room for steam.
6. Place the packets on the grill (seam- side down) over direct medium heat.
7. Grill for about 12 minutes turning the packets over after 5 minutes.
8. To serve, unroll 1 end of the packet carefully to avoid the steam and then open the top and spoon the contents out.
Here is to camping food and outdoor cooking! xo