Saturday, May 21, 2011
Gluten Free Pancakes
Here is how:
1. In a medium size bowl place the following ingredients and mix very well.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2. Heat up a skillet to medium heat and melt 2 Tbs. of butter.
3. Our the batter into the pan to your desired size of pancakes.
4. Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom becomes lightly browned.
5. Flip and continue to cook until lightly browned on both sides.
Note: This recipe makes 8-10 4 inch pancakes.
Here is to healthy breakfasts! xo