Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Grilled Catfish Tacos with Guacamole and American Slaw
Here is how:
1. To make the slaw:
a. Take 2 cups of coleslaw mix and add:
- 1/2 medium red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2. To make the guacamole:
a. In a medium bowl combine the following in a food processor:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, mashed
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3. Lightly spray 1 pound of catfish fillets with cooking spray and season them with chili powder (make sure it is a gluten free blend), salt and pepper.
4. Grill the fish over direct high heat until the fish begins to flake with the tip of a knife (about 6-8 minutes), turning once. Remove from the grill.
5. Heat 8 corn tortillas over direct high heat for about 20 seconds per side. Wrap them in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
6. For each taco, layer a warm tortilla with fish, slaw and guacamole. I added a little Sriracha sauce for some heat as well.
Here is to nutrition with flavor! xo