Saturday, May 7, 2011
Immune Boosting Foods
- Beans- act as a brain protective, balancing food that regulates neurological imbalances.
- Blueberries- contain 36% of our daily vitamin K and they are high in vitamin C.
Note that all dark berries contain strong anti-oxidants .
- Cruciferous Vegetables- (e.g., broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage) detoxify the body.
- Celery- inhibits cancer.
- Curry- may help combat certain forms of cancer.
- Fermented Foods- help keep the brain regulated and protected.
- Garlic- combats bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses due to it containing polysulfides.
- Ginger- warms the body, eases nausea and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Green Tea- protects the body against cancer.
- Kiwis- awesome for vitamin C which defends the body against disease and keeps the defenses strong.
- Leafy Greens- also aid as a brain protective food due to the phytonutrients.
- Omega- 3 oils (olive oil, nuts, seeds and fish) are incredibly important with reducing inflammation. The WHOLE body becomes inflamed after an auto-immune response and the healthy fats are needed by the neurons in the brain to function. Neurons are mostly fatty cells.
- Oysters- six of them contain 32 mg. of Zinc (4 times the daily needed dose).
- Pomegranate juice is a mild astringent, used to treat diarrhoea. Also has tons of anti-oxidants
- Probiotics- in yogurt and kefir for example, restore balance in the digestive tract.
- Shitake Mushrooms- they contain an immune-boosting carbohydrate called "beta-glucans" which act as a booster of the immune system.
- Sunflower Seeds- boosts T cells (a type of white blood cell) that fights infection. Some other great seeds are pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds.
- Sweet Potatoes- contain beta-carotene which is utilized in the front lines of the infection war in the digestive system.
- Thyme- loaded with antibacterial compounds (fresh or dried).
This list is just a start...I will continue to add and expand upon it.
I wish you health, healing, light and love. Namaste