Saturday, May 14, 2011

"PF Changs" Mongolian Beef

Mongolian beef is one of my favorite entrees at PF Changs. This is an easy recipe to replicate at home and paired with some rice (I made a sweet Thai chili rice) it works.....

Here is how:

1. Heat 2 Tbs. of oil (I used wok oil) in a hot skillet.

2. Add 1 pound of sliced beef (I used sirloin) and cook for 30-60 seconds or until browned around the edges and slightly pink in the middle (medium-well).

3. Add 1 clove of minced garlic and toss it around.

4. Add and then bring to a boil:
- 2 Tbs. of gluten free soy sauce (I use San J)
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. rice wine (mirin)

5.  Cook until the sauce caramelizes or thickens around the beef 

6. Add about a cup of green onion "sticks"..cut to about 1- 1 1/2 inches and saute it to mix.
Note: you do not want the onions to wilt so a few tosses is all it takes.

7. Top it off with 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil.

Here is to restaurant faves redone!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment