I was hungry for an omelet this morning and wanted something with a touch of elegance..this recipe came to mind. The sherry sauce adds wonderful flavor with the seafood and with some gluten free toast and a cup of coffee it is a beautiful start to the day.
Here is how:
1. In a large skillet melt 1 Tbs. of butter and saute 1/2 medium onion (minced), 2 Tbs. of minced chives and 1 clove of minced garlic. Saute until the onion and garlic are tender. Remove and set aside.
2. Melt 2 more Tbs. of butter in another medium saucepan and stir in 2 Tbs. of gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour) and whisk continuously until thick.
3. Slowly add 1/3 cup of milk and 1/3 cup of cream and stir constantly until smooth.
4. Season with 1/4 tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
5. Next, add the onion mixture, 2 Tbs. sherry, and 1 cup of cooked shrimp to the sauce and cook it over low heat until just heated through.
6. In a small bowl, beat 4 eggs, 2 Tbs. of cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
7. Melt 2 more Tbs. of butter in a large skillet (that has been heated up well over medium heat) and pour in the eggs.
8. Cook over low heat (lifting up the edges occasionally to allow the uncooked egg to move under).
9. Add 1/2 cup of shredded swiss cheese (fontina would work great too)..let the cheese melt and fold the omelet in half.
10. Top the omelet with the sherry and seafood sauce and garnish with some chopped chives.
Here is to breakfasts with elegance and style! xo