Thursday, May 26, 2011
Here is how:
1. Mix in a medium bowl:
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 4 ounces button mushrooms minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 tsp. bbq sauce (Kraft original is gluten free)
- 1 tsp. chili powder (make sure it is a gluten free blend with no "binders")
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning (again, watch the binders)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2. Blend everything evenly, making sure that the mushrooms and onions are evenly distributed.
3. Make 4 patties of equal size.
4. Spray the patties with cooking spray and grill over direct medium heat for about 7 minutes on each side until completely cooked through.
5. Warm a gluten free bun (I used a Canyon Ranch bun..by far the best) on the grill and top the bun with some mayo, a tomato slice and a piece of green leaf lettuce.
Here is to health and fitness! xo