Monday, May 9, 2011
Whitefish Fritters with Lemon Aioli
Here is how:
1. Mix the following ingredients well:
- 1 pound of shredded white fish (I used Halibut)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
2. In a skillet place 4 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Shape the mixture into patties (or you can drop by spoonfuls) and fry for a couple of minutes on each side.
4. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
5. Serve with the lemon aioli:
a. In a food processor place:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
b . Process until pale and foamy.
c. With the motor running add 1/2 cup each of olive and vegetable oil in a thin, steady stream, until combined. Note: You can add extra lemon juice to get the consistency you want.
Here is to brightness and lightness! xo