Friday, June 10, 2011
Chicago Style Hot Dogs
Ok..once in awhile I get a craving for a good old, street vendor style, deliciously sinful, hotdog. Unfortunately I have yet to find of a gluten free hot dog vendor...let's make them better at home.
Here is how:
1. Cut 2 medium tomatoes crosswise into slices to make half moons.
2. Grill 8 hotdogs (I used turkey hotdogs from Trader Joes) over direct medium heat until browned (about 4-5 minutes), turning occasionally.
3. During the last 30 seconds, grill 8 hot dog buns, (I used Udi brand), cut side down
4. Place a hotdog inside a bun and top with:
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 pepperoncini peppers
- 2 dill pickle slices
- chopped sweet onion
- sweet pickle relish
5. Finish with a dash of celery salt.
Here is to the basics done right! xo
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)