Saturday, June 4, 2011
Chicken Wings with Orange-Mustard Glaze
Here is how:
1. To make the sauce: In a medium saucepan whisk:
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade (Smucker's is gluten free)
- 1 tsp. chili powder (make sure it is a gluten free blend with no "binders")
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2. Bring the sauce to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes...stirring occasionally. Allow the sauce to cool.
3. Place 16 chicken wings (wing tips removed) in a large resealable plastic bag and pour half the sauce over the chicken. Coat the chicken and place the bag in the refrigerator for up to an hour..turning the bag occasionally.
4. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the leftover sauce.
5. Grill the wings over direct low heat until the meat is no longer pink at the bone..for 30-40 minutes. Brush the wings occasionally with the sauce and serve warm with some celery sticks.
Here is to grilling with new flavors! xo