Thursday, June 30, 2011
Coconut Ginger Thai Noodle Soup
Here is how:
1. In a large sauce pan combine:
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 tsp. of minced lemongrass
- 1 Tbs, grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. minced kaffir lime leaves (optional)
2. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook 8 oz. of rice noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
5. Stir 2 Tbs. red chili paste into the broth until well blended.
6. Add 3/4 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast (cubed) and 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms; simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Add the rice noodles to the soup and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
Here is to comfort with style! xo