Sunday, June 26, 2011
Creamed Eggs over Biscuits
Here is how:
1. To make the white sauce in a small saucepan melt 2 Tbs. of butter over medium-low heat.
2. Add 2 Tbs. of all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill) and whisk until smooth and slightly nutty smelling.
3. Slowly add 1 cup of cold milk and whisk over medium heat continuously until thick.
4. Stir in 1/4 tsp. of salt, remove from heat and keep warm.
5. While the sauce is thickening, hard boil 6 eggs. After they are done, chop the eggs and add them to the white sauce.
6. Gently stir in:
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
7. Top the biscuits (warmed) with some of the egg mixture and sprinkle with some chopped fresh chives and more freshly ground black pepper.
Here is to breakfast done with elegance! xo