Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crock Pot French Dips

We all need "quick and easy" weeknight meals that are also delicious and nutritious. This becomes much more challenging when dealing with gluten issues. I tried these french dips for the first time and they turned out fantastic. I paired the them with my sweet potato fries and you can find the recipe in another blog post. I hope this recipe warms your hearts and homes.

Here is how:
1. Combine in a crock pot:
- 3 lb. rump or eye beef roast
- 1/4 cup gluten free tamari (I use San J brand)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 cups gluten free beef broth (I used Pacific organics brand)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder

2. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

3. Pull apart the meat with forks and strain the liquid.

4. Return the liquid and the meat to the crock pot to keep warm.

5. Serve the meat on gluten free rolls (I used Udi brand..they are really good) and serve with the "au jus" on the side.
Note: I also topped mine with some white cheddar cheese and caramelized onion for some additional flavor.

Here is to weeknight meals that also save time! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment