Thursday, June 9, 2011
Grilled Country Style Pork Tacos
Here is how:
1. To make the paste, in a small bowl, mix:
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2. Take 1 1/2 pounds of boneless country- style pork ribs (about 1 inch thick) and trim any excess fat from them. Next, rub the ribs all over with the paste.
3. To make the salsa, in a medium bowl, combine:
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4. Grill the pork over direct medium heat until barely pink in the center (about 12-15 minutes)..turning once.
5. While the pork is cooking, take 12 corn tortillas and wrap 6 each, in 2 foil packets. Grill the packets over direct medium heat for 2-4 minutes to warm the tortillas.
5. Cut the pork crosswise into thin slices and serve inside the tortillas with the salsa and some pepperjack cheese. I also topped my tacos with some Sriracha sauce and ranch.
Here is to weeknight cooking done fun! xo