Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Grilled Curry and Chili Shrimp Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Here is how:
1. To make the sauce: In an small sauce pan over medium high heat, warm 1 Tbs. of canola oil. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 Tbs. of minced ginger, and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
2. Add and whisk until smooth:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. gluten free tamari sauce (I use San J brand)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce (I prefer Sriracha sauce)
3. When the sauce comes to a simmer, remove the pan from the heat. Just before serving reheat the sauce over medium heat and add 1 Tbs. of fresh lime juice (whisking until smooth).
4. Lightly brush or spray 1 pound of large shrimp (peeled and deveined) with canola oil.
5. Season the shrimp with:
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder (make sure it is a gluten free blend with no "binders")
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
6. Thread the shrimp onto skewers and grill over direct high heat until the shrimp are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the center (2-4 minutes, turning once).
7. Serve warm with the peanut sauce.
Here is to flavor and style! xo