Thursday, June 23, 2011
Grilled Scallops with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
Here is how:
1. To make the sauce: in an small saucepan, combine:
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 Tbs. gluten free tamari sauce (I use San J brand)
- 4 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. fish sauce
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, but do not boil it. Remove the pan from the heat and add juice from 1/2 a lemon. Set the sauce aside and add 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro leaves right before serving.
3. Rinse a pound of sea scallops under cold water and pat dry. Brush the scallops with some vegetable oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Thread the scallops through their sides onto skewers so the scallops lie flat. Grill over direct high heat until just opaque in the center (4-6 minutes), turning once. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Here is to summer grilling..seafood style! xo