Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Grilled Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Here is how:
1. To make the bbq sauce..in a medium saucepan over medium heat..melt 2 Tbs. of butter (always a good start).
2. Next add 1/2 cup of minced yellow onion and saute until soft.
3. Continue to add the following ingredients and stir/ cook for 3 minutes.
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 Tbs. of gluten free tamari (I use San J brand)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 heaping Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (I am a Sriracha sauce girl)
4. Rub 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each) with some extra virgin olive oil.
5. Season the breasts with some salt and pepper.
6. Grill them over direct medium heat until the meat is firm to the touch and no longer pink in the center...about 8-12 minutes, turning once.
7. Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to rest for 3-5 minutes.
8. Shred the chicken, add the bbq sauce and heat them over medium heat on the grill (topped with some pepperjack cheese if you like).
9. Grill some gluten free hamburger buns over direct medium heat for about 60 seconds until toasted (I used Canyon Ranch buns out of Colorado...the best I have tried).
10. Build each sandwich and serve along with some hot peppers.
Here is to old faves done gluten free! xo