Saturday, June 4, 2011

Home Fries

I must admit that during the week I am not always great at eating breakfast. So, on the weekends I think it is nice to take the time and splurge and sit down to enjoy some food with some coffee or fresh orange juice. This morning I felt like home fries and I paired them with some scrambled eggs with scallions and cream cheese folded in (I also topped the eggs with a pinch of cayenne pepper for some kick). The home fries are really fairly simple to make and taste delicious homemade.

Here is how:
1. Slice 4 medium potatoes (that have been washed and peeled) about  1/8 inch thick.

2. Soak the potatoes for 10 minutes in cold water.

3. Drain the potatoes on paper towels and pat dry.

4. Heat 2 Tbs. of butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.

5. Add the potatoes to the skillet and:
-1/2 tsp. onion powder
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
-1/4 tsp. paprika

6. Fry the potatoes over medium heat until they are tender and browned. Stir the potatoes gently and often to avoid sticking.

Here is to breakfast food from scratch! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment