Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Italian Beef on Rolls
Here is how:
1. Place in a crockpot:
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs. sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until meat is very tender.
3. Remove the roast and cool slightly.
4. Drain liquid from the crock pot, shred the beef and return to the crockpot. Season with additional salt and pepper if you like.
5. Serve on a buttered, toasted gluten free roll (Canyon Ranch or Udi are my choice).
6. Top the sandwich with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese and broil until toasted. Top with some fried onions as well.
Here is to easy, memorable cooking! xo