Monday, June 13, 2011
Linguine with Grilled Hot Italian Sausage
Here is how:
1. Make the marinara sauce if you wish using my recipe or warm up a jar of bottled marinara in a saucepan over medium heat (Muir Glen organics makes delicious gluten free marinara).
2. Grill 1 pound of gluten free Italian sausages over direct medium heat until no longer pink in the center (6-10 minutes), turning occasionally.
Note: I used chicken sausages for a healthier version.
3. Slice the sausages thinly, crosswise and add them to the marinara with 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh basil. Stir and keep warm.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook 1 pound of gluten free linguine, or spaghetti, noodles according to the package directions. You want the noodles to be barely tender or "al dente". Drain the noodles and return to the pot.
5. Add the sauce to the pot and stir to combine. Add 1 cup of grated Romano cheese and top with some finely chopped Italian parsley and grated mozzarella.
Here is to favorite meals redone gluten free! xo