Sunday, June 5, 2011
Picnic Food: Scallop Ceviche Lettuce Wraps
Here is how:
1. At least 1 hour before serving place 1 pound of scallops in a bowl with:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbs. red chili flakes
- 1/2 small sweet onion (Vidalia or red) minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2. Stir to combine the ingredients and cover/ refrigerate.
3. Keep the bowl in the frig for 1-12 hours.
4. In your serving dish place large lettuce leaves flat.
5. Fill the leaves with:
- corn kernels cut from grilled corn (4 ears)
- a dash of chili powder
- a tiny drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- a tiny pinch of sea salt
- some grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 ripe avocado diced (divided)
- a tiny squeeze of lime juice
6. To eat them..roll up the lettuce leaf and dip in sweet Thai chili sauce (Maggi is gluten free).
Here is to picnic food..summer fresh! xo