Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Thai Red Curry Noodles
Here is how:
1. Cook 12 ounces of Thai rice noodles according to the package directions (I used Thai Kitchen brand).
2. In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine:
- 1 1/2 Tbs. of red curry paste (again by Thai Kitchen)
- 2 14 ounce cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free chicken broth (I used Pacific brand).
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
3. Bring to a boil and add:
- 4 ounces of sugar snap peas, sliced
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4. Lower the heat and simmer until the shrimp are cooked though and the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
5. Divide the noodles and the soup among bowls and stir some freshly chopped cilantro into each bowl.
Here is to Thai food made easy at home! xo