Saturday, June 18, 2011
Here is how:
1. In a large skillet, heat up 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Saute until tender:
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 chopped, small, red onion
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini
3. Next add in 1 medium ripe tomato and 1/2 tsp. dried oregano.
4. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
5. In a medium bowl, beat:
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbs. parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I used pink Himalayan salt)
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
6. Pour the eggs in the skillet. Cook the eggs over low heat, raising the edge of the eggs with a spatula and allowing the uncooked egg to run under.
7. When the eggs are almost set, top them with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
8. Gently, fold the omelet in half and top with the zucchini mixture, some more grated mozzarella and freshly ground black pepper.
Here is to seasonal cooking! xo