Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tuscany Omelet

I was hungry for an omelet this morning and also wanted to incorporate some seasonal vegetables. This was the recipe I came up with. I paired the omelet with some strawberries and gluten free toast (Canyon Ranch and Udi make the best breads in my opinion). I hope you enjoy!

Here is how:
1. In a large skillet, heat up 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil.

2. Saute until tender:
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 chopped, small, red onion
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini

3. Next add in 1 medium ripe tomato and 1/2 tsp. dried oregano.

4. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.

5. In a medium bowl, beat:
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbs. parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I used pink Himalayan salt)
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper

6. Pour the eggs in the skillet. Cook the eggs over low heat, raising the edge of the eggs with a spatula and allowing the uncooked egg to run under.

7. When the eggs are almost set, top them with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.

8. Gently, fold the omelet in half and top with the zucchini mixture, some more grated mozzarella and freshly ground black pepper.

Here is to seasonal cooking! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment