Saturday, July 9, 2011
California Seafood Salad
Here is how:
1. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk:
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce (Lea Perrins classic is gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat up 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/2 pound of mixed seafood (I used a calamari, scallop and shrimp blend). Saute until the seafood is opaque and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Brush some extra virgin olive oil on 2 pieces of gluten free bread and rub some garlic cloves over the bread to give it some flavor. Broil the bread until is is toasted and cut into "crouton size" cubes.
4. Arrange on a plate:
- Chopped romaine or red leaf lettuce
- The seafood
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium avocado diced
- Mandarin orange slices
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and top with the croutons.
Here is to salads with nutrition and flavor! xo