Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Caribbean Baked Chicken with Mango
Here is how:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and coat a 13" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, combine:
- 2 jalapeno chile peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 slice peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
3. Process until finely chopped and spread the mixture on both sides of 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the prepared baking pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer (inserted in the thickest part of the breast) reads 170 degrees and the juices run clear.
6. Place the chicken on top of some brown rice. Garnish with fresh mango and cilantro.
Here is to tropical flavor! xo